The Guardian | By 2020, 60 million people from sub-Saharan Africa are expected to migrate because of desertification. The Great Green Wall is a $8bn project restoring degraded land. But will it encourage people to stay or earn the money to go?
Foreign Policy | The policy that plucks U.S. dollars from any international health care initiative tied to abortion has been reinstated by President Trump — and a lot of African women are going to die as a result.
The Guardian | Niger is last among 187 countries in the UN’s education index, but getting girls into school affects many other areas of development. What can be done?
Cosmopolitan | Recife, Brazil — Though more than a million abortions are performed in Brazil every year, almost all of them are illegal. Some are performed in illicit clinics by practitioners of varying skills, and some are performed at home by the women themselves,...
Cosmopolitan | A proposed law would allow midwives and other mid-level providers to perform abortions and potentially save lives, but members of the medical establishment are skeptical.
Cosmopolitan | Reliable, long-acting birth control could save women's lives in India. So why aren't they using it?
- Why the Disproportionate Focus on Paris Over Beirut? Don’t Blame Just “The Media”
- John Kelly, there is no compromise with slavery
- Melania Trump wants to stop bullies. Really.
- The Government Is Trying to Force a 17-Year-Old to Have a Baby Against Her Will. How Very “Pro-Life.”
- The Infantilization of Adult Professional Women
- A congressman’s unbearable hypocrisy on abortion
- Let’s Radically Regulate Guns
- The Stunning Hypocrisy of the Pro-Life Movement
- Pope Francis’s actions not heretical, just human
- Besieged by storms, our neighbors need help