The Guardian | By 2020, 60 million people from sub-Saharan Africa are expected to migrate because of desertification. The Great Green Wall is a $8bn project restoring degraded land. But will it encourage people to stay or earn the money to go?
Foreign Policy | The policy that plucks U.S. dollars from any international health care initiative tied to abortion has been reinstated by President Trump — and a lot of African women are going to die as a result.
The Guardian | Niger is last among 187 countries in the UN’s education index, but getting girls into school affects many other areas of development. What can be done?
Cosmopolitan | Recife, Brazil — Though more than a million abortions are performed in Brazil every year, almost all of them are illegal. Some are performed in illicit clinics by practitioners of varying skills, and some are performed at home by the women themselves,...
Cosmopolitan | A proposed law would allow midwives and other mid-level providers to perform abortions and potentially save lives, but members of the medical establishment are skeptical.
Cosmopolitan | Reliable, long-acting birth control could save women's lives in India. So why aren't they using it?
- The Stunning Hypocrisy of the Pro-Life Movement
- Will Africa’s Great Green Wall Discourage Migration to Europe?
- The Fight Against Sexual Assault on Campus Is Still Worth Fighting
- Donald Trump Has Lowered the Bar, But Not Just for Himself
- Don’t Ask Your Girlfriend’s Dad if You Can Marry Her
- Donald Trump Was a Creep. Too Bad Hillary Couldn’t Say It.
- Mike Pence is Using Donald Trump
- How Uber is Planning to Treat Women Better
- Men Need to Step Up and Get Tested
- The Global Gag Rule: America’s Deadly Export